Sunday, December 9, 2012

first christmas

I'm going to get back to using the blog the way I intended it. Good memories. Lucas's first Christmas. Best Christmas of my life...


First thing in the morning, bright eyed and bushy tailed, wearing his Christmas pajamas and feeling slightly confused I'm sure. That was one of his two favorite blankets, he dragged it every where with him. 


Posing for a picture with mommy, while all of the pre-present preparations were made. I love his little still sleepy smile.


Mommy didn't do a very good job picking out wrapping paper.. It was pretty, but almost impossible to tear. What resulted was a lot of ineffectual slapping on Lucas's part, and a lot of ohing and ahing on mommy's part as she opened it little by little for him.


One of his favorite toys.. He loved his mega blocks. Loved the little wagon to pull them around in even more. We would climb in the back and just sit there are laugh, it was adorable.


The previously mentioned mega blocks.. He doesn't even know what they are but the still is ecstatic to receive them. I think this whole morning was just awesome to him.. Waking up and getting all of this special attention and all of the new toys.. 


Looking a little moody, but so is daddy. He'll be happy as soon as his present is open...


There we go, another of his favorites. Loud and obnoxious.. Perfect for my crazy little man.


 Last but not least.. All dressed up for a trip to Grandma's house. He's so damn big here... Grew up so fast. I wish I could see how big he would be this Christmas. I love you baby... So damn much.

1 comment:

  1. So ever since I heard your story you've been on my heart. I'm reading a book and I can't stop thinking about how it might be helpful for you. It's called One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp. It will not take away your pain or fix what happened. But I thought it might help you see when the pain is blinding and white hot. I can only imagine. Ann's mother lost one of her children in a horrible tragedy but it's about grace for the everyday mundane too. Anyway, just thought I would pass this along.

    ReplyDelete